The EITE programme (ECCO International Trainee Education) is a 3-year programme, for candidates with a high school degree and up to Bachelor degree level.
For the duration of the trainee programme, ECCO trainees will focus on on-the-job training, a hands-on approach, giving them the opportunity to learn by doing. Our trainees will be exposed to the full value chain from hide to high street, whilst getting a deep insight into a global organisation and building a strong network.
The programme comprise of fixed and flexible elements across the global business. The introduction and assessment/development center in Denmark, leather and shoe production in our factories in Europe or Asia and retail selling in a European ECCO store are all fixed elements in the programme during the first year.
After this, the trainee programme is tailored to each trainee, considering their career track, their individual development plan and the needs of the business. This involves global assignment opportunities (job rotations) in our ECCO units around the world, within core business areas, depending on the trainee’s expected end position upon graduation.
Career tracks for the 3-year EITE programme would typically be, but not limited to: Shoe and Leather Production Management, Supply Chain, Branding, Commercial Sales, Marketing, Retail, Human Resources, Communications, IT, Strategy, Corporate Sustainability, Customer Service and E-commerce.
The ECCO Trainee programme may also offer additional studies, depending on level of candidate’s formal education, and if required and relevant to their career track.
- High school diploma/college experience or a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent command of both oral and written English. Knowledge of other languages is a distinct advantage
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ambitious and hard-working, with a mature business approach
- Pro-active and feel comfortable with a wide range of challenges and demonstrate responsibility and initiative
- Quality oriented and results driven with good problem solving skills
- Global mindset and willingness to not only travel, but be open to be based abroad in the mid to long term
- Humble attitude and respect for different cultures and heritage
- Preferably international experience
- Relevant retail or wholesale experience would be ideal